Vision, Values and Aims
It is our ambition to develop confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives, who are responsible citizens and who make a positive contribution to society, long after they have left us.
We believe that first hand, memorable experiences are an essential part of the primary school journey which every child is entitled to. Situated on the edge of Leeds city centre, we have some amazing opportunities available to us as a school community. Whether it’s trips to our fantastic local parks, theatres or museums, or taking advantage of the incredible sporting facilities that Leeds has to offer, we want our children to know and love the city and be proud to be part of such a vibrant and diverse culture.
Our core business is to ensure that our pupils achieve. We believe that if we nurture children who enjoy learning, they will make fantastic progress and secure our high ambitions. Our wonderful curriculum – alongside a teaching team who are experts in bringing those plans to life in the classroom – fosters
that love of learning and our children develop their appetite for hard work and success.
As a school community, we have 6 main aims:
- To ensure all children at Victoria have access to a state of the art curriculum and a talented staff team who ensure that any barriers to learning can be overcome.
- To support the growth of our children so they become curious individuals who are fearless in their learning.
- To lead a curriculum which is ambitious, creates long lasting memories and an appetite for learning which lasts a lifetime.
- To form supportive partnerships with parents to ensure every child’s academic success, social development and wellbeing.
- To create a brilliant learning environment and provide a rich range of resources which optimises opportunities for learning
- To create a culture where kindness is at the heart of everything we do.